Monday, September 19, 2011

BB's REVAMPED Faux Hawk Style!!!!!

Pin It
Hey all, 

So, I decided to REVAMP (YOU KNOW THAT'S MY THANG, RIGHT!?!?!) BB's GORGEOUS FAUX HAWK STYLE that I did last week. Her hair was still in 'okay' condition... The flat twists were RIGHT AND TIGHT, but the back... Yeah, NO:

Awww snap!! Lookin' right! 
I can work with it!!! 

Not bad...

Ummmm... ?!??!!?!?
She was wearing it in a ponytail all week, because she said that when P.E. came around, she didn't want it getting all tangled up, so she'd just put it up in a bun w/her ponytail holder... SO, I decided to REVAMP her style with a ponytail in place... Did it work?!?! Yes... Yes it did!!!

Products I used to REVAMP this style:

Water
Proclaim Emerald Bergamot Hair & Scalp Conditioner

I simply took the flat twists in the top, greased them up, cornrowed them together, then I looped the cornrow to give her a little 'specialness' on the side...

Loop do be doop! LOL

I then put finger combed through the back of her hair with the products above, and I made a bun on one side of the ponytail, in order to give BB the height she wanted in her ponytail and have LESS hair hanging free...with equals less tangles!!!

Bunned up... Bunned up! :~D
The Final Look:









For bed, I simply twisted up her loose hair in the back and wrapped it up with a scarf...



Worked like a charm!!! It's a REALLY pretty style, and totally age appropriate (WHICH I'M ALL ABOUT!!) -- She loves it, I love it... WIN/WIN!! :) 

I hope you all enjoyed this blog!!! 

Questions? CharlottesAvenue@gmail.com
Comments? Leave them here!!

If there are any styles you'd like to see, send me an email and let me know!!! Thanks!!

Keep Watching, 

Char~

10 comments:

Michelle G said...

BB's hair did hold up really well. I love how you revamped it and she looks happy with it as well so that's always great.

Tiffany: Diva Locks said...

Very creative :)

Unknown said...

Michelle G * Thank you, mami! And yes... it's always nice when they like my work!! HAHA!! It's not always that easy... :) But lately, I've been on the happy side of things with them, so I'll take it!! :)

Thanks for commenting,

Char~

Unknown said...

Diva Locks * Thank you! :) I try to keep the styles in for two weeks... Makes it easier for everyone involved... And when there is intricacy involved, a REVAMPING is the way to go! :)

Char~

Precious Henshaw said...

Really cute style! BB is a beauty!

Unknown said...

Precious * Thank you, mami!! She says, "Thank you, Miss Precious!"

Char~

Tav said...

I love the loopy loop!

Unknown said...

Goldilocks*n*Me * Thank you!! Hehehe... I'm a fan of it too!! :) It's one of the ONLY things holding up this week w/out frizzing! :)

Char~

Baby Big Hair said...

That loopty loop is HOT!!

Unknown said...

Baby Big Hair * Thank you much!! <3

Char~