Tuesday, August 30, 2011

DEEP CONDITIONING ON NATURAL HAIR!!!

Pin It
Hey all,

So, it's been a long time since I gave myself a REALLY GOOD Deep Conditioning (DC) Treatment!  So, I figured...Why not blog about it! :)

What I used:

Proclaim Cholesterol Conditioner (with Aloe Vera Enhancer)
Proclaim Natural 7 Oil

One of the BEST mixes for my DC's!!

So, I rinsed my hair with cool water to basically just get it wet and ready to accept these lovely products:

A nice cool water rinse!! Diggin' my kinks!!!

I then put my DC mix on my hair:

I was amazed at the different hair textures I have.  The longer it gets, the more loveliness I see!

After the DC application, I covered it up:


Yes indeed!! No shame!! AND, the bags are FREE... They also work JUST as good!! :)

I kept this on my hair for about 2 1/2 hours.  It was 105 degrees that day, so it really got a GREAT conditioning!! No need to put it under the hair dryer because I had a NATURAL one right here!! I sat outside and chilled on the balcony with my water and my laptop!!! :) HAHA!

I then rinsed it out...

So much texture and it was SOOOOOOOO soft, you guys!!! Loved it!!

This DC treatment was one of the BEST I've ever done.  The products are pretty cheap (I'm not about spending a bunch of money on hair products for natural hair...Just call me a Frugal Naturalista!! I shall do a blog on that soon!). It worked great and my hair SMELLED DELIGHTFUL folks!!! Something about these two mixed together is heavenly for the hair....smell and all!!

I then let my hair air dry and decided to have some hairplay...

Stay tuned for that...

Comments?? Leave them here!!!

Please spread the word about my blog, folks!! I'd truly appreciate it!! :)

Keep Watching,

Char~

8 comments:

Tiffany: Diva Locks said...

great post! I dig it :)

Unknown said...

Diva Locks * Thank you!! <3

Char~

Karli K. said...

Thank you! I was just thinking about doing a DC for Q today... now I will for sure!
~Karli

www.curlyhairdoideas.com

Mz. Sixx said...

U want to make your hair love u??? Try my receipe...

1-2 jars of stage 2 banna baby food
2 tablespoons of natural oil ( olive oil, canola, coconut, or grapeseed)
2 tablespoons of honey

Mix well, apply to hair....cover w/bag...leave on for 45-90 min

That's my all time favorite....and very inexpensive!

Unknown said...

Dreamer13 * Aww! You're very welcome!! I know Q will love it!! :)

Char~

Unknown said...

Miss Sixx * Thanks!! I've used this recipe before (with a couple of tweeks here and there)... Especially when Choca was a bit smaller and the baby food was at my disposal! :) -- Worked okay for me... but, didn't give me the UMPH my hair desired!! but, I will definitely use it for Choca, CC & BB!! I will Do a blog on it and Give you a shout out as well! <3

Char~

Unknown said...

WOW! Charlotte, your hair is soooo long. I've never used the deep conditioner you used but I may have to fine it..lol..I normally uses Queen Helen Cholesterol. Great Post Charlotte. Thanks for sharing ;-)

Unknown said...

KeeKeeAllNatural * Thank you!! Yes, I'm a PROCLAIM FAN!! Always have been!!! I use their products faithfully. They have NEVER let my hair down, and they are cheap!! :) Try it out and let me know how it works for you!! :O)

Char~